"Respect the past, embrace the present, create the future!"

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tackle-It-Tuesday

For the past few days, I have not felt much like doing ANYTHING nor have I even wanted to see ANYONE. Last night a good friend of mine called and said, "I'm coming by to cheer you up....I'll be there in an hour." Well, after her being here only about 30 minutes and telling me I was depressed and gaining weight.......I FELT EVEN WORSE!!! So much for some friends CHEERING you up, huh? You know after that comment, I had to run and get on the scale. Thinking the worst, I closed my eyes and stepped on. With one eye open, I looked down. YEAH!!!!! To my delight, I had only gained 3.5 pounds.....and that has been over the course of the past year! What do you say to that, my cheerful friend!

I started out this morning in a much better frame of mind!!! I was determined to get things done since today was TACKLE-IT-TUESDAY. After a cup of coffee, (I was leary about eating breakfast after last night's weight gaining comment) I washed and hung up two loads of wash. After they were dry, I took them down, folded them and put them away in my bedroom. While I was there, I saw some towels that I had left misplace the other day, so I took them and put them away. Well, as I was putting the towels in the linen closet, I noticed that someone had taken out a bath towel, but had not taken it from the top, but from the bottom, messing up the entire stack. URGHH!! After fixing the closet, I went to put some hand towels in the bathroom where I found Kiddo's sneakers. (Have you ever felt like you are running in circles?) Off I go to put his room to put his sneakers away, where I find were the dog has been hiding her toys that have been missing for the past week. Now I need to go back to the kitchen to put the toys away in the basket. "Hey........has anybody fed the animals yet?

Back in the kitchen, I noticed that the kids had eaten yet AGAIN and now the sink was full of dishes.......does any of this sound familiar? Hadn't I just FINISHED washing and putting them away already? (seems like 5 minutes ago). Hey, wait a minute..........................................I thought I was supposed to be tackling the laundry? Feels like I have done everything else but!!!!!!

No comments: