"Respect the past, embrace the present, create the future!"

Monday, February 11, 2008

Blogger Friend School #13

Hello, everyone! I am so excited as I have been looking forward to my first assignment for Blogger Friend School. Nancy, over at nancysnook has graciously agreed to take over this wonderful job and we thank her for that!! THANK YOU!

My first assignment is to introduce you to my Bible and tell you a little bit about it.

This is my Bible.............................................

How old is your Bible? My Bible is 26 years old.



  • Why did you chose this Bible? It was a gift.


Do you highlight/mark passages in your Bible? Yes, I do highlight/mark in my Bible.

If so, what is your system for marking passages? I really don't have a set system. I mark or highlight passages that I feel have touched my heart in some way.

Do you have notebooks to record things? No, I don't. Our pastor provides us with an outline of his sermon. I use that or paper I bring with me.

Where is your favourite spot to read your Bible? Outside on my swing when the weather permits.

Are there any special thoughts about your Bible you want to share? My Bible was a gift from my sisters, Barbara, Victoria, and Cathy when I was 17. It is all the more precious to me now because our sister Victoria passed away.

At that point in my life, I was going to become a Salvation Army officer but then realized that it was not God's calling for me, but everyone else's. I knew that there were other ways that I could serve our Heavenly Father.

I know that everything in our lives happens for a reason. Looking back now, I realize it was God's calling for me to become a wife to my DH and a mother to my three beautiful children. He know that later on I would need to stay home full-time with Kiddo. Had I been an officer at this point in my life, I would not have been able to homeschool. GOD IS GOOD...............ALL THE TIME!!!

No comments: