"Respect the past, embrace the present, create the future!"

Saturday, September 4, 2010

COOL!

We found this zipper spider(aka black and yellow garden spider) in our front yard yesterday, near the porch. I really HATE spiders, but this one is just amazing!

This spider it has its own unique web, that may be more than two feet in diameter. At the center of the web, this spider makes a dense area of silk that often gives the appearance of a zipper or a zigzag bulk of silk.


Shortly after I took this picture, a fly got caught in its web. Here's a short video of it wrapping it up.



3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Ewww.... no thank you! That creeps me out.

Deborah said...

I hate spiders too! There is a big spider living on my porch in the back of the house and when I walk out door I always hit the web with my head, now I know enough to bend over. Do you think it would easier if I just removed it??? NOPE, too big!!! LOL
xxoo
Deborah

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I think garden spiders are so cool!!