"Respect the past, embrace the present, create the future!"

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Spelling and Vocabulary - Book 11 Lesson 2

Friday's spelling test: 100% AWESOME! :> )

Here is our spelling and vocab list for week 2:

1. accoutrements (n) Equipment or accessories

2. aggrieved (adj) Feeling or expressing a sense of injustice, injury, or offense

3. choleric (adj) Easily angered; quick-tempered

4. comport (v) 1. To behave or conduct oneself 2. To be in accord or agreement. Used with with

5. disconcert (v) To disrupt the self-possession or confidence of; to perturb or fluster

6. fauna (n) Animals of a region or period, considered as a whole

7. interpose (v) To place or come between; to intervene or interrupt

8. maraud (v) To roam in search of plunder

9. modicum (n) A small amount

10. opulent (adj) Having or exhibiting great wealth or abundance

11. patrician (n) A member of the nobility

12. phlegmatic (adj) Not given to action or reaction; sluggish or calm in temperament

13. propensity (n) A natural inclination or tendency

14. therapeutic (adj) Relating to the treatment of a disease; contributing to general well-being

15. utilitarian (adj) Relating to usefulness rather than beauty; practical

3 comments:

Deborah Ann said...

Yikes - I only knew the meaning of one of those words! I better get my nose in more books....

debbieo said...

I think I will use your spelling lists. I hope you post them often.

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Deborah, I knew more than I thought I would. It's a learning experience for both of us! :> )

Debbi, I plan on posting them every week. I'm glad there is something you can use from our blog!

Blessings, ladies~
Laura