Here is our spelling and vocab list for week 3:
1. atrophy (n) The power to bring about the desired result; effectiveness
2. efficacy (n) The power to bring about the desired result; effectiveness
3. emolument (n) Salary or fees for work done; compensation
4. icon (n) 1. A religious painting, especially one revered by the Eastern Christian churches 2. A symbol or image whose form suggests its meaning 3. One who is idolized
5. incipient (adj) Beginning to exist or appear; in the first stage
6. inculcate (v) To impress upon or teach by frequent repetition
7. inestimable (adj) Too valuable or great to be measured
8. lackluster (adj) Lacking brightness or vitality; without spirit or enthusiasm
9. martinet (n) A strict disciplinarian
10. prodigious (adj) 1. Extremely large in bulk, quantity, or degree 2. Causing amazement or wonder
11. regimen (n) A regulated program, especially one designed to improve or maintain health
12. stellar (adj) 1. Of or related to a star 2. Outstanding or brilliant
13. stoic (n) One seemingly indifferent to pleasure or pain
14. vibrant (adj) 1. Full of life or vigor 2. Bright or vivid 3. Quivering or vibrating
15. zealous (adj) Very enthusiastic; fervent; passionate on behalf of someone or something


1 comment:
Some of these words I thought I knew the meaning of, but so didn't! So much to learn, especially difficult when I think I know something already, but I'm far from it!
Post a Comment